RIGBY'S CLUEDUNNIT AGATHA CHRISTIE MURDER MYSTERY DINNERS
We are delighted to announce that CLUEDUNNIT will be presenting a number of fabulous 'public' murder mystery dinner theatre nights during 2019 at Perth's popular Rigbys Bar at 221 St Georges Terrace. These evenings are a great mixture of mystery, mayhem
You are invited to come dress for the 1930's period to add to the atmosphere
$95.00 pp to include the 3 course dinner & the murder mystery.
- March 8th -Fri – "The POKEINGHAM MURDERS" ...Where there is a Will...
- April 6th - Sat - "PLAYING A ROUND" ...Golfing Fashion can be deadly!
- April 19th - Fri -"PLAYING AROUND" ...Golf Fashion can be deadly!
- May 10th -Fri - "The POKEINGHAM MURDERS" ...Where there is a Will...
- May 25th - Sat - "The POKEINGHAM MURDERS" ...Where there is a Will...
- June 7th - Fri - "A NIGHT AT THE OSCARS" ...Glitz, Glamour...and murder!
- June 22nd - Sat- "A NIGHT AT THE OSCARS" ...Glitz, Glamour...and murder!
- July 6th - Sat - "YULE BE SORRY" - A Christmas Party No One Will Forget
- July 19th - Fri "YULE BE SORRY" - A Christmas Party No One Will Forget
- Aug 3rd - Sat - "PLAYING A ROUND" ...Golfing Fashion can be deadly!
- Aug 17th - Sat - "PLAYING A ROUND£ ...Golfing Fashion can be deadly!
- Sept 6th - Fri - "The POKEINGHAM MURDERS" ...Where there is a Will...
- Sept 21st- Sat - "The POKEINGHAM MURDERS" ...Where there is a Will...
- Oct 4th -Fri - "A NIGHT AT THE OSCARS" ...Glitz, Glamour...and murder!
- Oct 19th Sat - "A NIGHT AT THE OSCARS" ...Glitz, Glamour...and murder!
- Nov 1st - Fri - "Fringe Benefits" Set in 1933 - A Theatrical Whodunnit!
- Nov 16th - Sat "Fringe Benefits" Set in 1933 - A Theatrical Whodunnit!
- December 6th - Fri - "YULE BE SORRY" - A Christmas Party No One Will Forget
- December 14th-Sat– "YULE BE SORRY" - A Christmas Party No One Will Forget
Tickets for each of these murder mysteries are available directly from Rigbys Bar or their website www.rigbysbar.com.au
For the 1933 London ‘Fringe’ Festival. Cosmo Smallpiece has been invited by his good friend, the impresario George Black, to present his very best act to be the top of the bill at the opening Gala Night production at the London Palladium.
Cosmo’s Celestial Productions boasted they had ‘More Stars than the Firmament’ in its promotional literature and Cosmo was certainly no stranger to successful acts over the years. He had started his career as a young man in the early 1920’s touring around the English Music Halls. However, he was quick to realise that Music Halls were dying, and he wanted to promote high quality acts on professional theatre stages.
Wanting only the very best, he had extended an invitation to the top touring artists to audition for him…the artists were:
- Yuliya Neverova – Classical Ballet Dancer
- Marius Devaldi – Escapologist Extraordinaire
- Jessica Alexandra – International Opera Singer
- Kellie Smither – The Gershwin Musical Star
- Wallace Williams – The UK’s answer to Bing Crosby.
Overseeing the auditions will be the celebrated Theatre Critic (and crime writer) Jonathon Mapletree.
The theatrical world is known as a cut throat one, but would someone REALLY…‘Kill for the Role’
The POKEINGHAM MURDERS:
It is 1939 and the English Cotswold beauty spot Pokeingham-Softly-on-the-Wold is mourning the death of elderly heiress Rose Stimper, who had made the quiet village her home for almost seventy years. Miss Stimper, in an act of philanthropy, has bequeathed the Village a large sum of money and left instructions that the villagers must decide how best to spend it.
A public meeting has been arranged and the village is buzzing with excitement. Everyone seems to have ideas on how to spend the money and the entire village turns out to attend the meeting at Pokeingham Hall, which has been thrown open for the first time in many years to host the event.
Lord and Lady Pokeingham are all set to welcome you into their home, but beware. All is not as it seems. There are dark forces at work in Pokeingham-Softly-on-the-Wold…
YULE BE SORRY ( Christmas in July )
It’s the end of 1939’s War has just been declared but at Coombe House, the festive season has definitely arrived!
Jemima Beauchamp has recently been acquitted of her husband’s murder and is throwing a party on Christmas Eve at her home to show everyone that she has no hard feelings.
The Village of Barkin-on-the Moor holds its breath to see what will happen when its most infamous resident returns. But there are people in the quiet village who know much more than they are letting on and they know that Jemima will want to get even.
If you keep secrets this Christmas… Yule be sorry!!!
PLAYING A ROUND
It is the summer of 1933 and Enid Wilson has won the British Ladies Open Golf Championship at Gleneagles for the third year in a row. 200 miles away in the Sleepy City of Wells, Somerset the party to launch the opening of the new Mendip Fairways Golf Course is about to begin.
Local property developer Sebastian Frazer welcomes his guests, all of whom cannot wait to play a round at this championship grade course. Sebastian’s two business partners, Beatrice Wynn and Rupert Pottinger, cannot wait to see the membership list grow, especially at £500.00 per year. His loyal PA, Annabella Devonport is busily ticking of the VIP’s as they arrive, including Connie Beauchamp, the most sort after fashion designer for female golf wear.
On such a joyous occasion what could possibly handicap proceedings?
A NIGHT AT THE OSCARS
is 1937 and the crowds have gathered for this year’s National Academy Awards.
The scene is set for the two main Film Companies hoping to scoop the top awards.
Marjorie - Gae Millington Owner of Centurion Films will be here. She has become a giant in Films in the past two years with one success after another. Centurion’s offering will be the hotly tipped ‘ Love Me Baby’ Directed by Barton Hayes who is the ‘man of the moment’.
The Film features James Stonnington Smythe who has been described as a man with a ‘disturbingly natural flair for being odd’.
Max Reedmand of rival Company Dream Film Studios will be in attendance looking at the plot of ‘Love Me Baby’ which appears to have a storyline strikingly similar to a script stolen from him earlier this year…
The Evening looks set to be another showdown between these two Companies.
It may of course just be show business rivalry…it couldn’t be anything else, something perhaps more sinister…Or could it?
$98.80. pp to include the 3 course dinner & the murder mystery.